This is from a series originally posted on my original blog: Seefahrer Thayer. While I don't recommend it, you can view the original posts here. Because the content had value and useful tips I've decided to repost them here, however, they've since been heavily edited and updated.
I've been trying to do all things American before I leave.
I don't really have a logical reason for this, but I figured I'd give a list of what exactly that's entailed.
- MacDonalds (gross but necessary)
- Sweet tea and ICE!
- Baseball game (thanks to Ryan)
- Got in my car and drove to a location I easily could've walked to.
- Cleaned my gun (okay not really, but I thought about it.)
- Ate barbeque
- Gave a friendly smile and greeting to a stranger
- Sat in a USO and chatted with vets about their tours.
- Deep fried onion rings...
- Ate an entire box of Girl Scout cookies (no regrets)
...why is 90% of my list food related?